Welcome to the Irish, Sound, Science and Technology Association.
The Irish Sound, Science and Technology Association is an organisation that brings together practitioners integrating fields of music, sound, science and technology based in Ireland. It serves musicians, researchers, scientists, engineers and artists by promoting the art, music and research in Ireland, especially in international communities.
Currently, ISSTA is a fledgeling organisation with the aim to one day provide the following services:
- Bringing together all practitioners who work in the merged fields of music and science or technology for collaboration and development.
- Encouraging collaboration in order to grow the sonic arts in Ireland with a focus on new and innovative technologies and research.
- Providing a membership directory to serve the purposes above.
- Promoting members’ activities with a focus on international exposure.
- Performing complementary functions to other music, arts and education associations and organisation in Ireland.
- Providing grants and scholarships for study in integrated fields of music, science and technology.
- Presenting an annual Irish Sound, Science and Technology Convocation (ISSTC), a hybrid conference and festival including paper presentations, poster presentations, demonstrations, concerts, performances, workshops and installations.
- Publishing conference proceedings and journals for the presentation of Irish research.
- Producing CDs, DVDs or other media for the distribution of Irish sonic arts.
- Recognising extraordinary work by Irish and Irish-based practitioners through awards and publications.
- Maintaining a web presence that will serve the function above