Welcome to the Irish, Sound, Science and Technology Association.
The Irish Sound, Science and Technology Association is an organisation that brings together practitioners integrating fields of music, sound, science and technology based in Ireland. It serves musicians, researchers, scientists, engineers and artists by promoting the art, music and research in Ireland, especially in international communities.
ISSTA Convocation Highlights Limerick 2015
Currently, ISSTA is an organisation that provides the following services:
- Bringing together all practitioners who work in the merged fields of music and science or technology for collaboration and development.
- Encouraging collaboration in order to grow the sonic arts in Ireland with a focus on new and innovative technologies and research.
- Providing a membership directory to serve the purposes above.
- Promoting members’ activities with a focus on international exposure.
- Performing complementary functions to other music, arts and education associations and organisation in Ireland.
- Presenting an annual Irish Sound, Science and Technology Convocation (ISSTC), a hybrid conference and festival including paper presentations, poster presentations, demonstrations, concerts, performances, workshops and installations.
- Recognising extraordinary work by practitioners through awards and publications.
- Maintaining a web presence that will serve the function above
- Acoustic Ecology
- Circuit Bending
- Computer Music
- Digital Audio and Digital Signal Processing
- DJ Practice
- Music History
- Interfaces for Music or Sound Laptop Music
- Live Electronics
- Live Sound Reinforcement
- Music Perception
- Music Recording and Production
- Music/Audio Software
- Noise Music
- Recording Engineering
- Sound Art
- Soundscape Art/Studies
- Sound Diffusion and Spatialization
- Sound Engineering
- Sound Synthesis and Design
- Sound, Science and Technology