‘ISSTA Listening Room’ on SARC Radio
The Irish Sound, Science and Technology Association has an ongoing collaboration with Sonic Arts Research Centre at Queen’s University Belfast to curate a weekly programme on their online radio station SARC Radio: https://www.qub.ac.uk/sarc/sarcradio/
SARC Radio showcases the work of students, staff and alumni of SARC, with a mix of work by friends and collaborators from Belfast and beyond.
ISSTA is collaborating with SARC to curate a weekly programme of music and sound on SARC Radio featuring work by artists in the ISSTA network.
ISSTA invites all ISSTA members, collaborators and friends (past, present and future!) for music and sound work (old and new!).
We welcome genres including (but not limited to): electronic, computer music, electroacoustic, acousmatic, noise music, sound synthesis and design, radio art, sound art, soundscape composition, field recordings, acoustic ecology, instrumental, voice, improvised, recordings of live performance.
How to submit your work:
1. Create a folder including:
- Audio files in .aac or .mp3 (over 192mbps). Audio file should be tagged with appropriate meta data including: Artist Name, Track Name, Album (where appropriate), Year, Composer/Performer info where appropriate.
- A text document including: Contact name and e-mail address, Information for each track: Artist Name, Track Name, Year, Composer/Performer info where appropriate.
2. Compress your folder to a .ZIP file (file name should include artist name).
3. Upload your .ZIP file here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/dTxzPY487zT161FIbxIH
4. Email John D’Arcy firstname.lastname@example.org to notify ISSTA of your upload.
When your work has been selected to be added to the database you will be contacted via e-mail.
For more information please contact John D’Arcy email@example.com